MT. CARMEL High School was founded by Dr. Lela G. McConnell in 1925. As time went by, the faculty and staff grew in number and their children needed a good place to learn. An elementary school was started to meet this need.
For a few years, the elementary school consisted solely of children of the faculty and staff. But over 60 years ago, Mt. Carmel opened its elementary doors to the community. Since that time, Mt. Carmel has had the privilege of serving hundreds of children from our community. Now, Mt. Carmel High School has officially changed its name to Mt. Carmel School to encompass its growing elementary department.
For more information about the Elementary Department, contact Ms. Peggy Whisman (Elementary Principal).