The following basic rules for dress are to be observed at all times:
- Pants are to be kept at waist level. Baggy or oversized pants are not permitted.
- Skinny Jeans are not permitted.
- All shirts must have sleeves.
- Hats, hoods or bandanas may not be worn in the buildings.
- Clothing which depicts persons or businesses that promote immoral practices or lifestyles that are contrary to scriptures will not be allowed.
- The Dean of Students is the final authority on what is appropriate attire for any given situation.
The following dress code is designed to help you bring a neat appearance to the classroom and nurture an attitude of respect for yourself and others:
- Jeans, khakis, corduroys, dress pants and other similar types of pants are to be worn to school. Exercise pants and military fatigues are not acceptable for school.
- Only polo shirts with buttons may be worn to school. No other types of shirts are permitted. Polo shirts may be of any color.
- Sweatshirts and hooded jackets cannot be worn to school.
- Belts must be worn.
- No frayed, ragged or torn clothing is to be worn to school. All pants must have a finished hem and cannot drag the ground or cover the shoes when standing or sitting.
- Students are not to wear clothing to school that has been written on. Students are not to write on themselves or each other during school.
- Upon entering the classroom, all coats and jackets must be removed without special permission from the teacher.
- Sport slide shoes and flip-flops are not to be worn to school.
- Socks must be worn at all times.
Attire for Sundays (services and meals), Graduation, and Other Occasions as Announced
- Dress shirts with a tie and dress pants.
- Dress shoes and socks.
- Please observe the following standards for grooming:
- Hair is to be tapered in back, off the ears, and out of the eyes.
- Hair is not to be braided.
- Faces are to be clean-shaven at all times.
- Sideburns should not be below the bottom of the ears.
- Spiked or striped/dyed hair is not permitted.
- Hair should be kept clean and neat. Hair must be combed for classes, services, and other appropriate occasions.
Inappropriate Public Attire
- Ragged or torn clothing
- Jewelry (rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc.) – WWJD bracelets are permitted. Plastic wristbands are permitted but are limited to one for each arm.
- Sleeveless shirts
- Baggy or oversized pants
- Form-fitting or spandex clothes
- Lounge/pajama pants