The library is provided for your use and enjoyment. Materials are catalogued under the Dewey Decimal System. In order to give you more efficient service, we will appreciate your cooperation in observing the following:
- Regular hours for library use will be posted by the librarian.
- The TV in the library is only available for student use by permission of the librarian.
- Please do not shove books back on the shelves; they should be pulled to the edge so that titles can be read more easily. Books on the top shelves are not for general use and are not checked out.
- Returned books are to be placed in the drop box, not on the shelves.
- Good care of books involves using a bookmark, slip of paper, or card instead of pencils, turning down pages, etc. to mark your place.
- Eating or drinking is not to be done in the library.
- Chairs should be kept flat on the floor to keep them in usable condition. Please do not tip them or stand on them. Please do not write or mark on tables or chairs.
AUTHORS: Several sources are available with biographical material on authors. These are generally in reference books, but some may be found in some of the books under 92 or 920 (Collective Biography). Feel free to ask the librarian for help.
REFERENCE BOOKS are marked with “R” on the spine and are not to be taken out of the library or study hall rooms. Please do not take materials from the library to the study hall room unless they are checked out.
RESERVE BOOKS may be checked out for the limited time indicated in the book and may be renewed only by special permission.
CHECKOUTS AND RENEWALS: Most books are checked out for two weeks and may be renewed. Since some of the upperclassmen have trouble getting some of the classics, we urge you to complete the reading of these as quickly as possible. Magazines and certain other materials are sometimes checked out if required for special assignments. Please return books in the drop box and magazines to the desk. Magazines and reserve material should not be returned between 4:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Materials should not be loaned to someone else. You are responsible for all material checked out in your name. Unless you are ill, make your own checkouts and returns. Fines for overdue materials will be as follows:
- Regular checkouts – 5¢ per day
- Magazines – 5¢ first day
- Magazines – 10¢ per day after first day
- Reserve material – 10¢ per day
Return your materials as early as possible. Payment for fines may be made later if you cannot pay them immediately, but must be paid at the library during library hours.